Monday, April 30, 2012

Deployment #2- March 31,2012

Dear Abe,

I know you've been excited for me to post the pictures we had taken the day you left for Afghanistan. I, too, have been SO excited to show you the excellent pictures Chelsea took for us. I'm so glad that we had Chelsea and that we have good pictures to remember this big event by. She did an outstanding job and captured the mood so perfectly.

I got the pictures from Chelsea yesterday and looked through them immediately. I wanted you to see all the pictures and wanted to make it special for you, but didn't know what to do. It was when I was driving home from a deployed spouse activity that I heard a song I have always loved and I knew just what I was going to do with the pictures. This may sound silly, but as I was listening to the song it made me miss you and I was sad... but also, it gave me strength and made me feel close to you. (I usually try to turn super depressing songs off =)). I chose to make a slide show for you using the song I heard. I felt like it would capture the whole event of you leaving so perfectly. I hope you like it!

As much as I miss you and long to be with you, I want you to know I'm here to support you, Abe. I love having a husband who loves to serve and help others and who is willing to make sacrifices. You are my hero and I feel SO extremely blessed and lucky to be married to you. As hard as this deployment is, you give me strength and make me want to be as brave as you. This first month of you being gone has gone by pretty fast, and I hope and pray the next eight months will continue to move along and that you will be watched over and protected. It's hard not having you and Clara here with me, but I find comfort in knowing that Clara is with you and is watching over you. I love our family and I love our life. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I feel peace in knowing that this is part of Heavenly Father's plan for us. We can do it!:)

Be safe, my love, and know that I am here waiting for your safe homecoming.

I love you with all my heart.

Grace


12 comments:

  1. oh geeeeeeeeeeeeee..........

    I'm so proud of you both.

    What a great post.

    I might as well go listen to 'Our Last Summer' and 'The Clock Keeps on Ticking' now and finish this good cry I have going.

    I love you both.

    And miss you badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I love your new header and background Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace,
    Michelle and I just watched this and loved it! You did a great job putting it together and the pictures were wonderful. Thanks to you and Abe for the sacrifices you make. We love you and are praying for both of you everyday.
    Ty & Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetheart,

    Thank you so much for doing that. I loved the video and the letter. You are amazing, and I'm so grateful that I have you by my side. I love you!

    Abe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Grace, thank you for sharing. I was feeling sorry for myself this morning. I needed a reminder that a lot of people have it a lot harder than I do. Thank you for doing what you do.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet, Grace. You did a great job and the pictures are amazing! I can't wait until Abe is back here in Colorado with you again. Thank you for the Oreos today. You are such a great friend and such an inspiration. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. holy bawling my eyes out batman!!! and then when i though I had it pulled together I read Abe's comment...sheesh. I to am so grateful for you and Abe and the good you guys are doing in the world. I also hope the next 8 months pass quickly for you two. You are such a great wife for Abe! God Bless you! THose pictures were great, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, even though I have seen those pictures multiple times, it still made me bawl! We love you both so much! Abe, hurry up and get home already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that was the most touching thing I've seen in a little while. Grace, I guess I don't realize fully what you guys both go through, these pictures made that more clear to me. What a need thing, to have these pictures. I wish the best for you both, and you Grace, living on your own. Please call me if you ever need a little visit. Love you and respect and admire you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gracie, I love this. How sweet. Thanks for sharing this intimate time with us. We have no idea what the two of you must go through each time. My heart aches for both of you.

    We can't wait to come and see you. All our love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grace,
    That was beautiful! I'm so grateful for what Abe does for our country. I couldn't thank him enough. He is so lucky to have you as his wife. You are such a strong and an amazing woman. I love you!

    ReplyDelete