So this is a BIG day for Abe and me. After living out of our suitcases and feeling unsettled the whole summer, Abe and I made our first official move as husband and wife to Fort Knox, KY and also started a BLOG after many people telling us too.. YAY! For a long time we have wondered what kind of a housing situation we'd be in here. Well.. we got an apartment and we are actually very happy with what we got! It is as we thought it would be, a glorified hotel room. It feels like a little apartment and has an oven, fridge, a pretty decent sized living room, and nice tv's and a dvd player. The first thing Abe did after we moved all our stuff in, was set up the computer and printer. We took before and after pictures so you can see how we transform this "hotel" looking place, into our cute little HOME! It feels so good to have our first place together! Abe and I went to Burger King to get some dinner since we don't have food in our fridge yet. As we were leaving Abe put his arm around me and said, "Let's go home." It felt so good to both of us to have a place to go and to officially call "ours."
Here are some before pictures we took of our apartment:

Our messy living room.

Abe getting ready to set up the computer.

The kitchen, and a bar with two stools as our table.

Our bedroom.

A SMALL closet in our room...

..and a bigger one in the living room, most likely for me!

LLOOONNNGG hallway that leads to our small bathroom.

The bathroom.
YAY, again! The after pictures will be up shortly.. hopefully. So, since I am new at this whole blog thing.. PLEASE be patient with me as I am getting the gist of things!
Yipppppeeeee! Welcome to Blogland Grace and Abe. It's so fun to see your house. And it's a good thing Abe started with getting the computer moved in.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for more!
Yay! I'm so excited for your blog! My favorite thing about your first post was Abe saying, "Let's go home." I'm so excited for you guys...and so excited for us for getting to read your blog!
ReplyDeleteI liked your comment of.........Let's Go Home!
ReplyDeletelove dad
Glad you have a blog now Grace.... Look forward to getting updates!
ReplyDeleteI'm SO GLAD you have a blog now! I will send you an invite to ours (it's private and you need an invite) but once you log in and add the link to your blog, you can just click on it any time without having to log in. Anyways I'm excited to see the after pictures! And I'm so excited for you guys! It's so so so fun to start out as newly weds and have little tiny junky places to live :) There's lots of good memories. We miss you guys! Love, Megan
ReplyDeleteI'm also glad you are getting settled. First apartments are so fun! Let me know if you need any help with the military wife words they throw at you. So many letters that you don't know the meaning for! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteYay Grace! This is Whitney Bishop. I saw your blog on Elise's. Anyway, I am glad you guys are together and have a "home" now! My blog is private so send me your email address on facebook or email me mammaofchad@gmail.com so I can invite you!
ReplyDeleteOh Grace and Abe,
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you two to have a home AND for you to document life on this blog. I love you both. I'm so grateful we're a family, and I'm so proud of you two for being so positive about a hard last 6 weeks.
Love, Cali