Thursday, September 24, 2009

Our Little Home

FINALLY.. Here are some after pictures. Abe and I had a lot of fun going shopping for things we needed for the house--such as kitchen supplies: A hand mixer, BRITA water filter, little decorations for the house, and lots of food! We don't have any storage space, so we've had to find places to hide things. For example, Abe thought it'd be a good idea to raise our bed up so we can hide a bunch of stuff under there. Luckily we didn't bring all of our stuff to Kentucky.
We have had a good first week here together. Abe has had PT (Physical Training) every morning. Other than that, we've had the whole week to spend together. We even went to dinner with our neighbors Monday night (One of Abe's former football buddies from West Point). It's been nice to spend the week with Abe before he starts his actual tank training on Monday.
We love having our first little home. Even though it's technically a little motel suite, we have made it to feel like a home. We couldn't be happier!




Abe playing a football game on the computer.. and I'm cheering him on!






After running some errands, Abe surprised me by making some brownies by the time I got home!



I only showed pictures of the kitchen and living room. We can't hang pictures, change the bedding on the bed, or anything else.. So everything else basically looks the same. It's nice to have everything organized, and to be able to cook and have meals together. Married life has been so much fun, and it is a nice feeling to be settled!

8 comments:

  1. Yay! A new blog! Your little house looks so fun and I am impressed by your domesticity Abe (and Grace too, obviously).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you guys have a place, too. After having only the granite walls of West Point to hang out with and living out of suit cases all summer, I imagine you appreciate your own place more than most.

    I love seeing your home. Grace, the wood bowl looks so good. Abe, you're a natural in the kitchen. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! Your little place totally reminds me of our apartment at BYU. You guys have lots of good times ahead of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace and Abe,

    I think that little glorified hotel room looks AMAZING! Mostly because I know you both are SO GRATEFUL to be together. Abe, I want to know if there were 3 missing brownies by the time Grace got home... or if you waited to eat them until she arrived. Grace, I loved the black and white pictures. I also like picturing you guys finding all sorts of hiding places for your stuff. Your bed will be like those college ones where it's almost as high as a bunk bed because you have it on so many cinderblocks. Please keep these posts coming. I love knowing what's going on in your life.

    Love, Cali & Ray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cali,

    I definitely waited until Grace got home to eat the brownies. Although it did get very tempting to sneak some.

    Abe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hellllooooo out there? Where are you? No pressure, but time to update!!
    Love you both,
    Aunt Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOORAY! I love your blog. It's so cute! Yay for redecorating.... haha

    ReplyDelete