The Color Run is the funnest 5K ever! This was going to be the first race I had ever participated in. I was excited for this to be my first race because there is absolutely no pressure to be fast, let alone run the whole time. The Color Run is done in many major cities and is meant for young, old, the fast, the slow, and is all about having fun. I figured this would be the best way for me to be introduced to races and running in crowds. I just knew Jamie and I would have SO much fun doing the Color Run together.
Jamie flew down Thursday, the 24th. I made arrangements for Jamie and me to stay in Denver for two nights. When she flew in we went and got our favorite, Costa Vida, and then when back to our hotel, got in the hot tub, and stayed up talking 'til 4:00 am. I'm sure we could have talked longer, but we knew that we would need some sleep to sustain us while doing one of our most favorite things... shopping! We had a whole day planned out just to shop. We had so much fun and found lots of good deals, but were definitely worn out by the end. I'm sure our lack of sleep played a big part in being worn out :). We went to Carrabba's (Italian Restaurant) and loaded up on carbs for the Color Run the next morning.
We got back to the Hotel around 8:30 pm, when almost immediately I realized I had forgotten to bring my running shoes. I needed new running shoes anyway, but we only had a half hour to get to a store before they all closed. We did valet parking so we went down to the lobby to ask them to get our car for us. We waited about 10 minutes before they came out and told us that one of the drivers had taken my keys with him on his way to drop some people off at a restaurant. Luckily, there was a taxi out in front of the hotel, so the hotel paid for us to take a taxi to the shoe store. The first store was closed, so we had to rush over to another one. We were scared we wouldn't make it in time and that I'd have to wear flip flops for the Color Run. We were able to make it in time and I had about 10-15 minutes to find a pair of running shoes that I liked. Everything worked out and I got my shoes. Jamie and I were still frustrated about my car keys and almost not being able to get the shoes. Thanks to Jake, the friendly hotel worker, we were able to get free dessert from what happened, which Jamie and I were happy about :).
All nice and clean before the race
After the race there was a lot of music and lots of people still had their color packets. Jamie and I got in the middle of the mosh pit and danced. All at once, they had everyone throw their color packets in the air. It was pretty! There were color clouds all around us. It didn't last for very long though. As the color clouds disappeared we found ourselves suffocating and trying to hide our faces. We inhaled so much of the powdery color and got out of the mosh pit real quick. After the mosh pit, we had people take some pictures for us and then we took off back to Colorado Springs.
Plastered in color
Notice the color on my teeth haha
Jamie and I getting pictures of each other
Maybe you can picture now how much color Jamie and I must have inhaled!
All cleaned up :)
Being silly :)
So glad I have a friend to be crazy with!
Not quite as good as Elvis
We went to church early the next morning and relaxed the rest of the day before I had to take Jamie to the airport. Time went so fast, but we had such a blast! Jamie has three sweet little ones that I knew missed and needed her, so that made it a little easier to let her go. I'm already trying to figure out another get together.
I am so grateful for Jamie! I couldn't ask for a better friend. She is just so wonderful. She is so sincere, compassionate, fun, funny, beautiful, such a good mom, and overall such a good person. She makes me want to be a better person and that's one of the things I love most about her. Thanks for coming to see me Jamie and for not making fun of me too much while hitting those high notes while playing Rock Band :). Thanks for coming to see me Jamie!
Real quick... sometimes Abe thinks that Jamie is my VERY best friend. While she is one of my very best friends, I want Abe to know that HE is my very best friend. Just thought I'd clarify before Abe gives me too hard of a time :). I am grateful for all the wonderful friends I have in my life! :)
What a FUN surprise to find this post!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you guys had such a good time. I can't believe how plastered with paint you are.
Jamie is such a great person, I'm so glad she's your friend, too.
So fun Grace! You guys really did take advantage of every minute you had together. I'm so glad that jamie could come see you and that you ran your first race!!! Way to be. Hope you to get to see you sometime this summer. take care!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!!! THat looks like such a blast. THey did a color run here too and I didn't participate, but I sort of wished I had. (Even though I absolutely hate running lol). This made me miss you guys. It has been way too long.
ReplyDelete